Written by Sophia Seligmann and Nicole Hackett
We all know that using good quality skin care products is important to keep your skin healthy and hydrated, and to slow down the aging process. It’s important to have the right products for your skin type, be consistent, and of course use them properly. Our favorite ingredient to help get that glow back is Hylauronic acid. It’s certainly a game changer, and great for all skin types. We repeat – ALL skin types! It is water-based so it won’t clog pores and it locks in the moisture in your skin. I promise you will wake up and your skin will be looking and feeling amazing, super soft and hydrated. You can use it 1-2 times/day – or more, if you have very dry or dehydrated skin and it just needs that extra quench. Dr. Berman has his very own skincare line and sells a pure Hylauronic serum called “ultra hydrating serum.” This product is excellent for hydrating and bringing your skin’s moisture barrier back to health. It nourishes and quenches dehydrated skin to impart a supple, smooth complexion and instant correction. This universal booster provides all day moisture retention and visibly reduces the signs of aging with a nourishing blend of antioxidants and humectants. With each drop, skin appears brighter, firmer and rejuvenated.
- Avocados can help reduce redness in the skin; grapefruits, oranges, and mangos are all packed with powerful antioxidants that help protect against UV rays, improve blood circulation and distribute nutrients and oxygen to the skin and help protect the collagen in the skin.
- Kale is an extremely nutrient dense food and is amazing for your skin. It’s the ultimate skin replenisher, it encourages healthy cell growth producing collagen, and helps keep your skin firm and radiant.
A few extra tips for amazing skin:
- We recommend cutting back on your alcohol intake, as alcohol dehydrates your skin and deprives it of vital vitamins and nutrients and causes your face to look bloated and puffy.
- You also want to make sure that you are getting your beauty rest. Getting a sufficient amount of sleep is essential for healthy skin. It’s recommended to get 6-8 hours of sleep, so aim for 8 hours so you can look and feel great the next day.
- Studies have shown that high stress levels can be detrimental for your overall health, including that of your skin. People who have high stress levels tend to produce more oil, causing bad breakouts – and no one wants a big zit, especially when they have a special event to attend. Try meditating, doing yoga daily, listen to relaxing music or sounds (which will also help you have a better nights sleep; there are free apps on your phones available).
These are just a few recommendations to help you replenish your skin and get it looking better than ever. If you can make these changes to your lifestyle, along with proper skin care products and treatments, your skin will truly thank you for it! Trust us.
If you have any questions regarding your skin concerns, call us at 703-406-2444 to schedule your complimentary, private consultation with one of our Master Estheticians!