VI Peel is a unique chemical solution that uses medical-grade ingredients to remove the damaged surface layer of the skin. This is done essentially by causing a controlled wound to the tissue that stimulates collagen and elastin production. What happens naturally is the replacement of the damaged skin with new skin cells, providing a brighter, tighter, and more even skin complex.
The VI Peel has one of the finest blends of ingredients available in the Medical Cosmetic industry. It uses a combination of powerful ingredients, including:
- TRICHLOROACETIC ACID (TCA), which assists with deep scar healing and texture
- RETIN-A, the most powerful antioxidant available, which helps in the formation of new cells
- SALICYLIC ACID, a beta hydroxy acid, works in the process of exfoliation allowing better ingredient penetration
- PHENOL, which includes antiseptic and analgesic properties, works as a anti-inflammatory and reduces excessive discomfort for the patient by allowing the stronger acids to work without causing inflammation in the tissue
- VITAMIN C (Ascorbic Acid), a powerful antioxidant that assists in healing, as well as preserving the health of new skin cells
So who is a good candidate for a VI Peel? It truly is suitable for all skin types and addresses concerns such as hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne scars, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and overall texture on the skin. One of the best things about it is that it involves minimal discomfort and downtime. During the peeling, which may last from 5 to 7 days, you can cover up with moisturizers and makeup.
The depth of the damage in the tissue is the measurement we use to determine the recommended number of treatments.
If you have questions about the procedure or would like to schedule a private consultation with me, please call my office at 703-406-2444 or complete the consultation request form on this page – I’m happy to help!