Written by Nicole Hackett, Master Esthetician
SculpSure and CoolSculpting are both non-invasive and FDA-cleared to reduce unwanted fat. They both use lipolysis to breakdown the fat cells, which your body then gets rid of naturally through your lymphatic system. Both are similar in certain ways, including: clinical evidence of fat reduction, little to no downtime, and typically require multiple treatments to see optimal results.
Let’s talk about how they are different and why ultimately, we decided to add SculpSure to our practice versus CoolScupting:
- Uses heat to melt fat
- 25 minute treatments
- Less chance of side effects
- Heat spreads making results even
- Customizable paddles
- Freezes Fat
- 35 minute treatments
- More likely to bruise and have swelling
- Uses suction & only treats that area & can cause unevenness *more painful
- More likely to have uneven results in fat removal
- In a small number of patients, they will get nerve damage and require Gabapentin for nerve pain for a year.
- Uses applicators with vacuum
Overall, both technologies have had successful results and very similar in the percentage of fat reduced. Although CoolSculpting has been around longer and has much more aggressive national marketing, we believe that SculpSure has better technology with better results and a lower risk of complications.
Our 3 Master Estheticians recently returned from Boston, where they were given the most advanced SculpSure training available. Call us at 703-406-2444 to schedule your complimentary, private consultation!